For our Key West vacation, J did a lot of research and we decided to stay at the Casa Marina. The Casa Marina is a Waldorf Astoria, therefore it’s the most luxurious Hilton brand.
The Casa Marina has a lot of amenities that we fell in love with. Not to mention, the food was the best we had on the island. I got the avocado toast the morning we left and I’m kicking myself this whole flight writing this thinking I could have been eating that little bite of heaven everyday we were there.
My favorite aspect about the Casa Marina was the atmosphere. That’s truly what you are paying for when you book this resort. The rooms are nice but the outdoor areas are out of this world. We stayed in the suites and had a balcony that overlooked the streets of Key West (not the best view, but we knew this when we booked it). Some of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed at had nothing going for them except the room…this is a little different type of vibe, in that the nicest thing about this resort is not the rooms but the outdoor experience that you get to be apart of without leaving your hotel. The rooms are nice. The rooms seem to have more of a historic vibe going for them, then an up to date modernized feel. Personally, it isn’t a style I would place in my own home but I like that the building has so much history and the rooms correspond with that same sophisticated and historic feeling. The best way to describe their aesthetics is classic luxury. One thing I thought was amazing is that the check in area has a vintage wooden stair case and what looks to be an original bar area.
After a lot of research, one of the reasons we decided to stay at the Casa Marina was because of its private beach. The beach is the largest private beach in Key West and is approximately 1200 feet long and cleaned of seaweed daily. While in Key West, we walked by multiple resorts that had seaweed piled up on their beaches and the smell was horrendous. Not once during our five night stay did we have any issues with smell or piles of seaweed on the beach. One morning we even woke up early around 0700 am and the staff of the Casa was already working hard on removing the seaweed from the beach areas.
What we thought was really appealing is that the resort has 3 dining areas all outside, one was a bar, the other a lunch spot with cute booths, and the next was the dining hall that had a patio. What we loved about this is that the entire outdoor area looked to be perfectly constructed to give you that Beverly Hills vibe. The outdoor area is very modern and white. The Casa Marina has two pools featuring a kid friendly side and an adult only pool. Free popsicles are handed out everyday at 1 PM.
As you walk down to the beach area you walk down a brick walkway with palms trees lined down both sides. As you walk down, you can’t help but feel like you are on top of the world. Once you hit the end of the walkway, it turns into a dock with the prettiest views of the gorgeous blue Key West water. The dock itself has not been rebuilt since it was destroyed but is currently undergoing construction. Half of the dock is still there and you can still walk on it until a certain point in which it is blocked off. Live music is played Thursday through Sunday on the dock.
The Casa Marina is featured in this video multiple times showing the pool, the dock, and the end video is the view of the Casa Marina from their private beach.
I told you the food was one of our favorite parts, so here are our favorites! TIP: If you are a gold member or diamond member with Hilton Honors you can get a $25 credit per guest for the first two guests daily towards food.
What to order without leaving the hotel:
Breakfast at the Casa:
1. The avocado toast: if I could go back tomorrow, I would order this everyday until I left.
2. Flagler’s Buffet: This buffet is filled with fruits, parfaits, chia seed pudding, sausage, bacon, eggs your way, potatoes, cinnamon bread, etc. Jarrett liked it. I’m not a huge breakfast fan so it wasn’t my favorite but I don’t hold that against the hotel, I should have ordered avocado toast that day LOL.
Lunch at the Casa:
1. Burger- both of our favorite!
2. Chicken tenders- I loved these chicken tenders. Ps. They give you so much that you could definitely share these with another person!
3. The Compressed Watermelon salad- I love salads and this salad didn’t disappoint & they actually put enough dressing on it!!(my biggest pet peeve when ordering a salad because no one likes dry lettuce).
4. Shrimp cocktail- now these shrimp are HUGE and were the best shrimp we had our entire time in Key West! They don’t have any fishy taste and did I say they are huge?!
Dinner at the Reach– For dinner, we never tried the Casa, but we did travel over to their sister property and ordered food at the Four Marlins. As a sister property, you will have access to amenities at both properties and your food credits can be used at The Reach as well.
What we ordered from the Four Marlins:
1. Pain Killers- I thought I wasn’t going to like this drink because I hate orange juice but I wanted to try it because we were recommended to try it. I loved it. It didn’t taste all thick like some orange juices taste, somehow it tasted more creamy than anything.
2. Filet Mignon with potatoes-if you can’t tell how good this steak was from the pictures then idk what to say. This steak was so good that we talked about it for like an hour after we were done. J kept saying he was so full but if someone put another filet in front of him that he would eat every last bite!
3. Key Lime Pie- this was J’s favorite Key Lime pie on the entire island. We talked about going to get it again our last night in Key West, however, we didn’t and ended up ordering it from the dinner restaurant we were at that night….it was a big mistake. I would have much rather gone and got this one again!
I just want to say, that the Four Marlins was the best restaurant we ate at the entire trip! We made reservations for 17:30 and had zero wait time when we arrived. The staff and especially our server Adam was very polite and nice. He gave us his recommendations and treated us like we were the only customers that he had to tend to. The manager of the Four Marlins came to talk to us as well which was so personal and tasteful. Both the manager and Adam thanked J for his service and we both were so extremely shocked and grateful for that. Not a lot of people know how much it means. After 3 deployments in 3 years, when someone thanks him, it reminds us both why we both made those sacrifices. Not that he or I want praise for his career choice…but it definitely makes you feel like all the deployments, different states, and sacrifices have a purpose.
Adam’s recommendations for dinner at the Four Marlins:
Since J and I both ordered the exact same thing without realizing we were going to, we wanted to get Adam’s pick on dishes to try.
– Beef Tips
– Shrimp & Grits
We rate the Four Marlins a 10/10.
Things to do at the Casa:
The Casa has a spa that is apart of the resort. The spa is actually located across the street beside the gym facility. However, you can get some spa amenities done beachside.
We ended up getting cabana beach front couple massages during our stay. That experience was so much fun! We both loved it and the staff made the entire process so easy and relaxing. We have had couple massages once before but the staff at the Casa really outdid themselves. I swear, they massage your head as apart of the massage and J was like “omg did they massage your head?” when we got done. We both couldn’t get over that as we had never had that before. It’s a nice touch. You girls will understand, It feels like a salon shampooing your hair but nicer. We both recommend getting this experience when you stay at the Casa Marina. The pictures don’t justice on how magical it was.
Another thing you can do without leaving the resort is take a jet ski tour, we ended up taking the 27 mile jet ski tour around the island. Highly recommend doing this tour before your massages because you will be sore depending on how the waves are that day. The jet ski tour was fun and it’s an easy way to get to see that blue Florida Keys water besides on the bank.
Overall we loved our experience in Key West and thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Casa. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else.
**disclaimer: parts of this blog post were sponsored by the Casa Marina and Key West Florida Attractions Center, however, all opinions are my own*****