Okay, this was a recipe that I thought would be a miss. I came up with making these on a whim and Jarrett and I were so surprised on how good they were! He literally asked me to make them again today.
1 lb of skinless chicken tenders. I buy the organic brand from Walmart as it seems to not have as much fat on them.
1/2 a cup of all purpose flour
3 large egg whites
1 cup of Frank’s buffalo sauce plus a tablespoon for the egg whites.
1 cup of plain bread crumbs. I buy the great value brand from Walmart.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Get 3 bowls and line them up in a row. One with the flour in it. One with the 3 egg whites. One with the bread crumbs.
- Add a tablespoon of Frank’s buffalo sauce to the egg whites and whisk them.
- Start the chicken by dipping them in the flour, then the egg white/Franks Buffalo Sauce, and then the bread crumbs.
- Repeat until all chicken is covered.
- Cook on Medium/High heat on stove top in a skillet for 4 minutes on each side using some type of oil. I used a tablespoon of coconut oil just to grease the pan.
- Once the chicken is cooked for 4 minutes on each side, dip them individually into the 1 cup of Frank’s Buffalo Sauce.
- I then place the chicken on a baking dish with tinfoil spraying the tinfoil with pam to make sure the chicken does not stick.
- Cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until it is done. (Depending on thickness will depend on how long you need to cook it. I recommend a meat thermometer to make sure you get it fully cooked).
- While the chicken is cooling, I place the tortillas into a skillet and cook until they are pretty crispy on each side. Do not leave on too long or they will get too hard and crunchy. I just eye the tortillas until they are golden on each side.
- I cut up the chicken strips and place them in the tortilla and add about a tablespoon of homemade ranch.