You never see blogger tips from real bloggers!! Why is that!? This market is not over saturated to the point that we can’t share tips to help other bloggers. I just don’t get it.
Say brands are looking for 10 people to showcase their product and there are a million bloggers. Well there also is a million brands! Geez people don’t get greedy when there is literally enough fish in the sea for everyone to have a little bite! Lol
Well anywho, I’m not one of those bloggers so here are the best kept secrets to help you nail it at blogging.
1. ENGAGE! Engage with other bloggers, people that like other bloggers, etc! You want to show your personality in your conversations! If your a bubbly individual when you comment on someone else’s post show your personality! If their followers see that and like bubbly people, they will follow along with you!
2. Post consistently. I’m so bad at this but to really get ahead of the Instagram Algorithm you need to post everyday. They say same time is better but I’ve yet to test that out because I do not know everyday what I’ll be doing around 6 pm lol and you can’t stop your world for an Instagram post. Don’t even try to! Not worth it!
3. Promote your post. Instagram favors ads. I’m not saying put yourself in debt but experiment with an ad every now and then! Instagram will show you to an audience that might like you and it will give you the opportunity to gain some followers that truly like your content!
4. What content you are putting out their does matter. I mean it does. Don’t just post a pic of your dog laying on the floor just because you have nothing else to post. I just wouldn’t post! I think at some point, quality is better than quantity. That kind of negates what I’m saying in #2 but not really because you can’t just post content that isn’t good and except the same results as your excellent content.
5. You always hear never get into blogging for the money. I think this is an okay saying for someone that just wants to do it to have fun. However; if you do want to blog full time as your JOB. Treat it like a business. Invest in it. If you have the money to not take a profit, DONT! Invest it back into your blog and/or platforms. Businesses don’t start out making a profit. Most profitable businesses at one point were making a negative income!
6. Don’t sell yourself short. I wish I would have known this from the start. Your pictures are worth something. Your blog posts are worth something. No matter your follower count, your blog readings…DON’T do it for free (unless your just doing it for fun). You are worth something. Your time is worth something. The minute you start doing it for free and I mean hard work for free it’s hard for you to let go of that or even try to negotiate with a brand that wants it to be free because you are so used to doing it for free you feel like you aren’t worth it to the brand to ask for payment and that is NOT true.
7. Always read the contracts. Brands have started adding into contracts that they can legally have your photos to use at their own discretion. Umm no! I would always have it in the contract that they can use them until this month and then after that if they want to continue to use them, then they can buy them from you or lease them for a few more months!
8. Use multiple platforms. Have your blog, have your Instagram, have a Pinterest, have a Tik Tok. Expand your reach of people! It doesn’t matter where they find you, just that they found you!
There you have it for the best kept secrets to success. I’m still learning too but this is what is working for me.